EEEV Home Page
1.0a4 is out! Get it here.
EEEV v1.0a4 © 1996-1998 James Knight 4/23/98
What does EEEV stand for?
It stands for "Everything Editor for Escape Velocity" While it doesn't edit everything now, it is planned to be able to.
Source code available
Since there are some people who want to keep working on EEEV even though
I have apparently stopped, I have released the source code to 1.0a4. It
is pretty readable (IMO), so you shouldn't have too much trouble adding
some cool stuff if you have the time.
And...here's the source. Please read the readme
What EEEV Does
EEEV is an editor for Ambrosia Software's Escape Velocity. When it is completed, it will support editing of all of the resources related to EV. It requires at least System 7 or later, and might require Color Quickdraw. Note that at this point I have tested it on exactly two computers, so let me know if it doesn't work on your system. The computers I have tested it on are a Power Mac 8500 and Centris 610. Both are running System 7.5.5.
The EV bible is included in EEEV 1.0a2 and later, and can also be gotten from Ambrosia's ftp site.
- 1.0a4r2: New for version 1.0a4
- Fixed really stupid resource bug that didn't let you
create resources (Get1NamedResource instead of GetNamedResource)
- 1.0a4: New for version 1.0a4:
- Added Weapon editor and some beginnings of the
graphical editor for systems.
- Since I haven't been doing much, I released the
source code to this version...if you want to add
something go ahead. :)
- 1.0a3: New for version 1.0a3:
- Added Ship editor
- Added Outfit editor
- 1.0a2: New for version 1.0a2:
- Always works on a backup copy of the file until you save it.
- Added ability to save/not save a file.
- Made window titles better
- Added ability to change resource id's and names
- Added ability to add and delete resources.
- Added Nebula, and OOPS editors.
- Added Icon by email@example.com
- 1.0a1: this is the first version.
Go get it already!
- Non-modal interface (ie: you can open as many windows as you have memory for and use them all)
- Balloon Help
- Sensible interface
- Fairly stable (at least on my machine)
- Ability to open more than one file at once.
- Does all its work on a backup of the file.
Non-Features (ie: bugs)
- If you change a resource name or id, the list window isn't updated immediately. Its just a cosmetic bug, so just close and reopen the window or otherwise cause it to update.
- The titles of windows aren't set correctly
- Not all the editors are finished. The ones that are left are the Weapon, System, Space Object, Person, and Mission editors. I will be making them in that order.
- It lets you open one file more than once. However, don't do it.
- It doesn't handle low memory conditions very well; it crashes. Fortuanately, it uses very little memory, so you shouldn't have a problem, unless you want to open all the resources at once.
- Finish all the rest of the editors. In the next version, I'll have a Weapon editor and copy and paste support.
- Add a graphical editor for Systems/Space Objects/Nebulas.
- Sorting prefs for the resource window (by name, by id, or not sorted)
EEEV is ©1996-98 by James Knight. All rights reserved.
James Knight --- firstname.lastname@example.org